My Covid-19 tale- Part 2

The assignment begins:
I got to the ambulance and the nurse checked my vitals and immediately put me on oxygen for the
entirety of the ride to the holding centre (Travel house budget hotel, Ikota). By the time we got to the
hotel, my SPO2 had gone up to 92. P.S: there was no oxygen at the holding centre and the doctors and
nurses only called to check on your vitals (SPO2, temp and BP), which you report over the intercom. It was just me and the Holy Spirit (I didn’t have access to the internet, my smartphone or any games. I just had a TV). As you can imagine, I had an amazing time at the holding centre because GOD became everything I needed. He was my comedian, masseuse and physiotherapist (He taught me to do
breathing exercises to help my lungs). He taught scriptures to me and reminded me that I had
nothing to fear from the moment I walked into my room. There were no distractions (the only clear
channel was AmYoruba) and I felt Him in multiple ways. He met all my needs and some of my wants
as well (FOOD). At that moment, I knew I was being called into another assignment, and the moment I
said ‘Yes’ to the errand, my lungs opened up and my breathing got significantly better; the doctors
were surprised at how I looked when I was leaving for the isolation centre on Thursday afternoon.
The isolation centre:
When I arrived at the isolation centre, I saw that the setup included pods of 16 beds, three beds in a
ward and four single rooms. I wanted the single room but I was given the ward of 3 with an amazing 17year old and an older woman in her 50s. After my first hour in the ward, the 17 year old, 
asked if I could be her aunty because she loved me. I gladly accepted the honour (oh what a privilege).
The older woman was just so angry with God (God had started telling me things about her and her
friend) and boy, was I amazed! The both of them were, without a doubt, part of my treasure hunt
experience. Then, I met the Georges family-- a family of eight with a really sick grandmother. By the time they started administering the antiviral drugs to us, her condition deteriorated so quickly that it took me and her grand-daughters praying a prayer of agreement on the 6th day before her health turned around and she became brighter. (I eventually got adopted into their family after the grand-daughters told the rest of the family about me). The teenage girl amazing story had started unfolding and I began to understand that she needed me in her life. By the age of 17, she had two abortions, and even thought she was an SS3 student, she could not read a four letter word; she cried everytime I told her to read something (we are currently working to get her a tutor).
The highlight of my stay happened when we all worshipped together in the pod (all 16 of us including kids and a Kenyan family of 4) till 3:30 AM. It was a beautiful atmosphere that started when I joined the 12 AM watch. I was walking around the pod praying in tongues, and before we knew what was going on, everyone was awake and worshiping. I cannot even front, I cried o!
The assignment continues:
Before I knew what was going on, everyone at the isolation centre started calling me "Magnetic
energy"; the Kenyan family christened me "Joy". In spite of the worship session and the cute names, I
still experienced some really bad days as a result of the antiviral medication. Some nights, I had panic
attacks. After I received an email about not returning to work after the lockdown, I became scared about what would happen to me after the COVID-19 pandemic.I managed to have some form of peace in midst of it all; my Joy was impenetrable and it was as constant as the breaking of the day. The medication really messed with my system; I wanted an alternative but none existed at that time.
Dr. Dapo Asiyanbi was a gift. He was my sounding board and he knew the right moments to call and
encourage me. During the dark times, he constantly reminded me of the Father’s love and prayed the
darkness away.
My moments of obedience:
When they began discharging people and I discovered my name was not on the list, I knew there was a task I had left undone. I remembered that God had given me words for the older woman and her friend who shared a ward with me. I had been reluctant to give them their words because I had a feeling they would not be responsive; but the longer I held out, the more God kept reminding me that I was responsible for keeping His children in the isolation centre.
First, I went to the friend and shared the word I had received for her. After I gave her the word, she
began to cry, like “cry cry". Apparently she had just been telling her wardmate that on Tuesday, she felt
as though she was in the ward for a purpose and was not ready to leave until it was fulfilled. When she had that feeling, she was still positive for the coronavirus. Then, I approached my wardmate with her word and it became clear that she was not ready to have the God conversation. I gave her the word and left the rest to God.
On Wednesday the other woman's result returned negative and she was certified COVID-19 free. She
was discharged that day, which meant that my wardmate and I were the only two left out of the ten who had been in the isolation centre with us. Later that night, my wardmate requested for her word and asked me to pray for me. We prayed together, and when we both left on Friday, she tested negative for COVID-19 while I still remained positive.
The ambulance debacle:
Let’s talk about what happened with the ambulance. I mentioned earlier that the ambulance arrived to
pick me a few minutes to 2 AM. Honestly, I was happy they arrived late because I did not want anyone
to see me getting into the ambulance. Well, as life would have it, someone did see me and went as far
as recording a video and posting it to facebook. I am officially a celebrity on my street. Unfortunately, since I have been home, I have been stigmatised as the girl with coronavirus. 

Comments

  1. Sending you lots of love 🤗

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your healing is permanent by his stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations sis! God truly causes all things to work together for good for those who are called according to His purpose. He is just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Motosin!!! This is amazing. Thank God for your life ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Tosin! In all of this I am really happy you found God... You are strong at heart!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment